You want to buy a crossbow but do not know what to look for? It can be quite a struggle as there are so many companies and manufacturers claiming that their crossbow is the best amongst all other. It is only natural as most companies want to market their product for reasons that a crossbow nowadays is one of the hot trends of this generation.
You must give a little bit of effort in assessing each product being showcased by each manufacturer. Of course, you might want to start your search and comparison with only the best-selling product such as the Fang 350 Crossbow by PSE to narrow down your search and save you a great deal of time.
PSE is a known company that makes crossbows, composite bows, recurve bows and other archery accessories. The Fang™ 350 Crossbow is one of their best-selling crossbows that is highly rated and recommended. It got so many good reviews and positive feedbacks from satisfied customers saying that it is very durable, accurate, versatile and made of high-quality materials.
This bow is an upgraded version for 2016. It has been improved and got some new features compared to the previous 2015 version. Considering the price and performance, it is considered to be the best crossbow in the market and the number of people purchasing this amazing product keeps getting higher and higher.
- This crossbow has great aesthetics. You can choose to have it in black or purchase it with its Break-up Infinity design. Price varies with appearance.
- The crossbow is of sturdy construction and made of high-quality materials such as durable alloy and aluminum but still remains light which makes it easily portable and greatly comfortable to use.
- It is versatile. This crossbow can be used for competitive sports or archery, shooting still targets or dummies and can also work as a great practice for hunting.
- The Fang™ 350 Crossbow is highly durable and strong. It can withstand any harsh conditions brought upon by hunting outdoors. Hot, cold or rainy weather won’t affect the overall performance of the bow. It can perform well in muddy, grassy, or rocky, mountainous terrain.
- It has a length of 35 inches and an axle-to-axle measurement of 19 and ¼ inches.
- It has a reasonable price. It can be categorized as one of the best crossbows under 400 making it very affordable.
- This bow has a great shooting speed or velocity at 350 fps and accuracy.
- The scope is very detailed and covers a wide area.
- The string is strong. It does not break apart easily.
- It includes neat and sharp crossbow bolts. Four pieces of bolts can save you some amount. Not to mention the fact that it can penetrate a target very well and are a perfect fit.
- This is the ideal crossbow for expert and professional hunters, but can also be a good starting piece for beginners who want to begin their hunting experience.
- It is very quiet when shooting, perfect for hunting animals.
- This crossbow requires minimal and effortless assembly. It comes with a very detailed instruction guide on how to put it together.
- The scope included goes accordingly with the power of the crossbow. As long as it is within the range of the scope, you will have a high chance of hitting the target.
- The crossbow is hard to crank or to cock. The strings are so stiff that it looks like the limbs will break if you try to crank it.
- In case of breaks, it is hard to look for spare parts as the manufacturer no longer manufactures individual parts or supplies.
- While it is nice that the string does not get stretched out easily but the downside to it is it can easily snap apart with tension applied. It is not that flexible which could also be the cause of it being hard to crank.
- The limbs do not seem to be that durable. It looks as if though it will break apart every time you crank the crossbow. There’s the probability that it would be the first part of the crossbow to break over time.
The PSE Fang 350 Crossbow is a great purchase and investment to start your hunting career. It can be used by hunters of all skill levels—from beginner to expert. You can really tell that each part is made of high-quality materials the moment you get it out of the box and start assembling.
The features and the benefits of this sharp and intense-looking crossbow will give you what you really deserve. For a very low and affordable price, it can compete with other professional crossbows.
The weight, power, and velocity of the crossbow will create a perfect balance that won’t let you miss the target. Although it has some minor flaws, it really isn’t that of a big problem if you compare it to the advantages.
It is no doubt that the Fang 350 Crossbow is slightly above a beginner’s budget. It may not be that expensive but it also does not come cheap. And if you are far from being able to afford it, then the SA Sports® 260 fps Empire Terminator™ Crossbow could be a great alternative for you to use on your hunt.
It has a far lower price compared with the Fang 350 Crossbow but can level the field and compete in some aspect like speed, weight, and power. The 260-fps SA Sports Empire Terminator™ Crossbow also includes two free bolts which are fair enough for its price.
The product, if put into assessment, will be graded highly. The PSE Fang 350 Crossbow is a practical and ideal purchase. Due to its great durability, it will last for a long period of time, giving you your money’s worth, maybe even more. The features and pros of the product are more than enough to compensate for its minor flaws, making it tolerable.
It guarantees satisfaction and a new experience in hunting. The PSE Fang 350 Crossbow also has great aesthetics. It looks sharp, pleasing and very professional. This product is definitely a win for people with a passion for archery and hunting.
You can find more reviews about crossbows here.
I have been hunting for last 5 years. (24 yrs. and that makes me feel old!) I have been very successful at hunting deer, turkey, exotics, and just about any varmint that moves.
I have hunted all over the great State of Texas, also into New Mexico, Colorado and a few other places. Hunting has been the prevailing passion in my life only trumped by my two great Sons.
I hope some of the bow hunting advice I have provided helps you be the best bowhunter around. Remember, everyone is different. You can tweek one little thing you are doing and solve a host of accuracy problems. Every day, new products come on the market designed to aid your success, but there is no substitute for desire and practice. Tip: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
Most importantly: A bad day hunting beats the hell out of a day at work!
Robin, Bangs Texas